Here is our beautiful Annah!

Here is our beautiful Annah!
There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that when a child is born an invisible red thread connects that child's soul to all those people-present and in the future- who will play a part in that child's life. As each birthday passes, those threads shorten and tighten, bringing closer those people who are fated to be together.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Opening up about a very private matter!

It hasn't been easy telling you all about the financial aspects of this adoption. I don't want anyone to think that we are just throwing dollar signs out to the wind just for people to hear. This is not a lame attempt for attention this is our attempt to be humble, grateful, and to express our faith in the Lord that He will provide the way for Vince, Austin, and I to extend our family. I also want to explain why I am telling you how much everything cost. Vince and I prayed about our decision to adopt again and through our prayers the Lord reminded us that many people wanted to know more about the adoption process when we adopted Austin. In fact some felt last time we had been "too private". Last time we intentionally were "private" because we felt that our lack of fertility was a "private matter" so we didn't allow anyone to know some of the many ups and downs in this process.

This time we vowed to be painfully open about the financial, spiritual, emotional, and physical burden this adoption will be on us. The Lord commands us to share in one another burdens and to call on one another in his name. Vince and I are sharing with you our labor. It's much longer than the usual 24 hours. It's longer than the typical 9 months. But it is our labor. Our insurance company will not pay for this birth. But I wish they would. LOL! This must be done in cash! Vince and I have set aside this year(so embarassing to say but..)$20,000 that the Lord has blessed us with to adopt our next two children. We have been blessed greatly with this little extra. This will cover our adoption of our two children but this will not cover the travel expenses. So we are currently seeking fundraising opportunities. Vince is putting in many extra hours, I am tutoring four times a week, I am going to teach summer school for the first time ever, and we are planning a huge garage sale,professional photography pics, and benefit dinner. TBA soon. We are needing to raise a whopping $19,000 for travel expenses. I know that the Lord will provide. I have no doubts. I prayed for a baby for ten years and the LOrd answered my prayer, not the way I expected, but he answered it! I can't imagine my life without Austin. Not for even one minute! He was meant for us! That was the way it was suppose to be! Faith is trusting and believeing that the Lord is, was, and is to be. That He will make all things possible for them that love the Lord. Please join us in prayer for our labor of love. I can't wait to bring our babies home!

2 comments:

  1. We had the same discussion -- how private or public to be about the process. We decided to be very open, but it is certainly a tough call, and there's definitely not one right answer for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tough decision but one that I believe will help us in the long run. Thanks for your thoughts about your adoption. We love you both!

    ReplyDelete